Frequently Asked Questions
Ty-D-Bol liquid is an automatic toilet bowl cleaner which cleans, deodorizes and fights stain build-up.
Hold bottle upright over the toilet tank, and pull out the clip. Then, remove the cap.
Hang the bottle upside down on the inside tank wall, away from moving parts.
Yes, Ty-D-Bol contains no phosphorus, and is safe for plumbing and septic systems.
When the blue color in the bowl fades, replace the Ty-D-Bol.
The inverted liquid bottle has a movable valve in the neck of the bottle; the up and down movement of the water level around the bottle causes the valve to dispense a measured amount of blue product with each flush. If the valve becomes stuck for any reason, the blue product will not dispense properly. A build-up of foreign material, such as hard deposits could cause the valve to stick.
Our laboratory has suggested that there is a possibility that the stains are caused by hard water salts, which have been dyed by our product. The following procedure is recommended:
- Put two to four ounces of liquid bleach in the toilet tank and the toilet bowl. Let stand for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove hard water salts by brushing vigorously.
- Flush the toilet. If stains persist, repeat the process.
Ty-D-Bol contains a water-soluble dye. The stained area should be blotted with water. It the stain does not come out, we recommend steam cleaning.
Skin contact is generally not harmful. Wash the contacted area thoroughly with soap and water. If irritation occurs, seek medical attention.
In case of eye contact, flush the eyes with water for at least 15 minutes. It irritation develops, seek medical attention.
Wash out the child’s mouth. Contact a physician, dial 911, or call the American Association of Poison Control Centers emergency hotline at 1-800-222-1222 for further instructions.
Ty-D-Bol Blue Spruce is an automatic, time-release tablet toilet bowl cleaner which cleans and deodorizes up to two months.
- Remove the wrapped tablet from the package, but DO NOT REMOVE THE PROTECTIVE WRAPPER FROM THE TABLET-it will dissolve completely in the tank.
- Flush the toilet. When the water level in the tank is low, drop the tablet in the tank near the right sidewall and not near the water inlet.
- Dot not flush for 10 minutes or longer after the installation, to allow the tablet to settle properly.
When the blue color in the toilet bowl fades, add a new tablet. No removal is necessary.
Ty-D-Bol will provide up to two (2) months of concentrated cleaning. The life of the product can be affected by: water temperature, chlorine level in the water, fill velocity in the tank, very turbulent refill cycle or very soft water.
Yes, Ty-D-Bowl is safe to use around children and pets. It is phosphate-free and safe for plumbing and septic systems.